Here are the eight applications from last Sunday’s message, Redemptive Discipline, that relate to dealing with disobedience in light of the gospel. To listen to the message, just go here.
- Recognize the wisdom of the parenting pyramid
- Equip for what we require
- Expect first time obedience
- Consider context
- Provide an appeal process
- Discern the diff between childishness & foolishness
- Enforce consequences (but there is no excuse for abuse of any kind)
- Help children recognize “the sin beneath the sin”
Wonder what some of these mean and how they look in practice? You may listen to the full message here.