Creekstone is hosting a free parenting seminar led by Kristy and me this Sunday evening at the Dahlonega Market Place on the Square from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Childcare will be available at the Creekstone offices. Please note that space is limited.
In this seminar, many practical parenting issues will be covered, including:
- The difference between behavior modification and heart transformation
- How to unintentionally promote teenage rebellion
- The significance of “the parenting pyramid”
- Ways we exasperate and discourage our children, and what we can do differently
- The purpose and process of discipline
- Why to demand “first time obedience”
- Explaining the “why and how” behind the “what”
- The difference between childishness and foolishness
- How to use diagnostic questions to reach your child’s heart
- Why parental repentance may be the most significant factor in teaching children the gospel
- How to prepare your children to be a blessing to you and others in restaurants, grocery stores, in class, on play dates, etc.
- The difference between bribing behavior and rewarding skill
- How to deal with sibling rivalry and fighting
- Why the skill of listening is so critical for parenting
- The necessity of providing a safe place to express feelings, challenge rules and ask questions
- How parenting essentially is discipleship
- The vast difference between discipline and punishment
- The danger of promoting a child’s “self-esteem”
- The difference between being innately, morally good and being perfectly, unconditionally loved
- What can we say when we see spiritual fruit?
- The significance of the marriage relationship in parenting
- And more!
Here is a map to the marketplace—> Marketplace Map